It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

Henderson Clan

• Author

Josmcb

Henderson Clan

PostMon Mar 28, 2016 3:29 pm

My family name is Henderson and my ancestors come from Tyrone the parishes of Aghaloo and Carnteel, though probably Scotland before that. There are lots of Hendersons in Tyrone but also in other counties. I have done a lot of research but as always there are brick walls.

Tricia

Site Admin

Re: Henderson Clan

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 10:57 am

Welcome aboard :D

What's your brick wall?
My ipad controls my spellings not me so apologies from it in advance :) lol

Josmcb

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 7:31 pm

The usual story. Gaps in Baptism records. I can find what appear to be siblings of my Great-grandfather, born 1811, 1814 and then 1823 and 1824. I think he was born 1817, approximately, and there are probably others. They came from Tyrone but were evicted around 1852. He came to Belfast and at least one brother went to America but I have no idea what happened to the others. My brother and I took a DNA test because a descendant of the one who went to America asked us to. We have thousands of matches none of which mean a thing! it is interesting although the matches are mostly in America. I have found a lot out really but am just annoyed I can't join all the links.

Tricia

Site Admin

PostThu May 05, 2016 12:51 am

Sorry i have not got back to you it's hard to find you amongst the clans section..we have a brick ŵall section and a family tree section you can join both and put your info on them as well x
My ipad controls my spellings not me so apologies from it in advance :) lol

Return to The Clans