It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm

looking for great great great grandparents

• Author

becallihan@aol.com

looking for great great great grandparents

PostTue Aug 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi all. I have been searching for years now for my 3rd great grandmother Catherine Carr. She was born in Ireland July 1844 and came to USA in 1859. I have no record of her before 1900 census in Pennsylvania USA. Any idea where she would have boarded a ship to get here? Any hints are very much appreciated!

Tricia

Site Admin

Re: looking for great great great grandparents

PostTue Aug 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi welcome aboard
There are several Catherine Carrs coming up in 4 different counties for 1844 ..any idea of where she was from coz that wud lead you to the possible port she left from ?

Who ŵas she married to ?

We need more info than given x
My ipad controls my spellings not me so apologies from it in advance :) lol

becallihan@aol.com

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 1:06 am

Thanks Tricia. That is pretty much all I know. I think she may have been married to Bernard Carr. She would be 15 in 1859 so she probably married in the USA. She was a midwife in the USA. She listed her birthday as July 1844. x

Maura

Site Admin

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 10:26 am

If she married Bernard Carr, then Carr is more than likely not her maiden name, Like I said on FB, you really need one of her childrens birth certs to find out her maiden name, then her marriage cert to find her fathers name, before you can even attempt to search for her in Ireland, Carr can be spelt a few ways, Kerr being one of them and common enough throughout Ireland.
"The Irish - Be they kings, or poets, or farmers, They're a people of great worth, They keep company with the angels, And bring a bit of heaven here to earth"

Return to Hitting Brick Walls?