It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Tell us about yourself in here ...

Hi folks, want to share anything funny or thought-provoking not fitting in the categories below? Feel free to do it here :)
  • Author

Tricia

Site Admin

Tell us about yourself in here ...

PostThu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 pm

HELLO IM TRICIA MORROW ...
I was born bred n buttered in Belfast in 1957 and still here for my sins :D
Born to John Morrow from Newtownards county down and Brigid (nee Taggart) from Clonoe county Tyrone..
My fathers parents were Thomas Morrow and Agnes Martha Coulter ..My mothers parents were Patrick Taggart and Brigid O'Neill ....
I have two big sons Patrick and Sean and one grandchild Scarlett all adorable but then im bias lol
Been doing genealogy for a right number of years now and i have to say nothing floors me anymore about skeletons in cupboards ect...I would feel disappointment if there wasnt actually :lol:
My ipad controls my spellings not me so apologies from it in advance :) lol

Aoife

Site Admin

Re: Tell us about yourself in here ...

PostThu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 pm

well as Tricia already told you I'm the technology girl in the background, so trust me ...
Attachments
engineer1.jpg
engineer1.jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 11017 times
Misspellings are *very special effects* of me keyboard

Thel

interested

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 1:40 am

Just got in Tricia. Site looks awesome! I'm looking forward to checking everything out. Be back later.

Tricia

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Thel is from Belfast but has lived in Canada a long time i had the absolute privilege of meeting with her and few friends in Newcastle best craic ever x

maree

active

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 am

well I will take this seriously and bore you with details about myself, but since the boss (Tricia) says 'a wee bit" I shall keep it brief.....
I was born Maree Duffy in 1961 in Birmingham UK (conceived in a haystack in Co Cavan), to Vincent Duffy of Bailieborough born 1935, and Elizabeth McCann of Roughan born in 1938 in Tyrone. We emigrated to Australia in 1964 after my dad was charmed by the propaganda about Australia as a divine destination for 10 pound poms & paddies. My parents owned their own home in Adria Rd, Birmingham at a young age and yet sold it to come here. I have a brother Lawrence Leo Duffy named after his paternal grandfather Lawrence Daly born 1957.

I have a keen interest in my heritage and a passion for geneology. My dad always taught us to be thinkers and to challenge the accepted. I have always had an odd sense of belonging elsewhere but that s not to say I am not proud of Australia which is an amazing country that I love. I have been for many years involved at a federal level in Labor politics and it is a passion I cannot shake. A firm belief in fairness, justice and a hatred for tea party racist policies. All people should have access to free education and good health care.

I am a Duffy, a McCann, A Daly, an O'Neill and feel Irish in every cell of my body!!!!

maree

active

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

oh Tricia

Skeletons eh? When I was with my amazing elderly parents the other day We discovered together that my oldest Aunt on my dad's side, (still alive and living in England at 93yo) was actually illegitimate as her parents married the same year she was born, just a few months before her birth in fact. My dad was shocked but then laughed his head off. We spent a bit of time together looking through old census and records and it was such fun. I know I am blessed and I am thankful every day for their presence in my life.

Other discoveries have been, that much to my republican Aunt's (mums Side) dismay we have relatives in the Orange Order and a few protestants in our heritage, lol.....

Tricia

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 am

Same here Maree my father was protestant we heard they were in Order Order and disowned for marrying my mother a catholic hence why we have never ever met any of his side of the family ..such a shame because we live in hope one day we will meet some of his side of family .. but i cannot find my fathers birth cert no school records etc etc .. nor his parents marriage cert so bloody frustrating and iv been trying for over 20 years :roll: :(

Maura

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Maree they married a month before the daughter was born, so she not illegitimate as the parents were married when she was born

Tricia I thought you had your parents marriage cert ?
"The Irish - Be they kings, or poets, or farmers, They're a people of great worth, They keep company with the angels, And bring a bit of heaven here to earth"

Tricia

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Yes maura i have my parents marriage cert ..got it from ardoyne chapel ...havent got my fathers parents marriage cert

Return to Chat & Craic/Banter